Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Thing-a-day 2011

Today is the first day of this years Thing-a-day.
Last year I joined up and had a lot of fun making different things for the 28 days of february (although some days it would end up being an emergency haiku). At the end I proclaimed that I would do it again this year, but ... It seems I am already good at giving myself projects to take care of, and I will have plenty to do without the added stress of having to blog every day. So I have decided to not join up, but to do my own thing and blog it frequently.

The first thing I'd like to present was made during the last days of december. I needed a gift for my mother for christmas, and after a bit of thinking I decided to make something myself, and that I would be making plant sticks. I have been making a new (to me) type of pendants lately, so I figured: 'Make a large one, turn it upside down and glue it to a stick', voilá, a nice and fancy plant stick.
I sacrificed a couple of my less worn mandrels, and this is what I came up with.

plant-sticks-closeup

plant-sticks-full-size
They look great, catching the sun among the greenery on her windowsill :)

P~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...