Monday, June 27, 2011

KM&V Countdown - week 17

I started out the week with a torchsession on sunday. I haven't been torching much at all during this year, so this was a practice run, to see if I can even make a bead anymore. I decided from the start that I would only be playing and getting my feel for the glass back, which was a good thing.


These ringbeads are my first ever and hold their share of mistakes and inaccuracy. I don't think this is a good time to start practicing something completely new (allthough I am dying to try making hollows by blowing, as well as these ring beads), so I will only be doing them for fun, if at all, during these weeks. I intend to make beads I know well, with little variations to keep it fresh.

The drop pendant bead is going in the 'to sell' box after all, and I have added 'Buy more bails' to my to-do list.

Then I had another torchsession, oh yes, two within a week, how about that?

I had a plan as to what to make, instead of just deciding on the spot. I know I want to bring lots of my large ladies and lots of pendants to the show, so I set off with a torso.
These are only hard to do because of the time they take to finish. This one took more than an hour, with all the melting down of rods and even more keeping her warm. But apart from that it is a calm process that does not involve much precision, which is the perfect project to start up on after months of inactivity.


After I finished her I made a couple of pendants, using DH Clio and Psyche and Zimmerman purple rose and extreme white frit. I love that stuff :)
They are all very well reduced and extremely shiny and jewel-like, and it doesn't show at all in this picture ...


I have also begun making a plan for the 17 weeks. Nothing solid as of yet, but I have thought of what I want to bring, and am settling on a colour palette for the entire range of products. I'd like my space at the show to be a pleasant visual experience, which will take a bit of colour discipline on my part.

That is all for this week :)
P~

3 comments:

Sue J said...

Just popped in to see what you are up to, Lene, and to say Hi. It's been ages since we 'spoke' Those beads all look fine to me :) Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Sue :)

angelinabeadalina said...

Beautiful glass! I love the bunny, and the figure is so very elegant. You're going to have some very nice glass to sell come time for the big show!

Profusion said...

Thank you Sue, Yes it has been ages. Is the ATC group still going? I miss getting fun mail, but I don't draw these days , except for a sketch of a bead or lady now and again :)

Thank you Angela, I do hope so. Mostly I think 17 weeks is a really long time, but then I remember how infrequent I usually torch and I wonder if I can meet my humble goals. I'm optimistic though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...