Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My seaglass pendants are published, yay!

Whee! My beads are in Soda Lime Times again, Yay!
This months issue (july) is ocean themed, and my pendants are on page 11. 

I had made these beads more than a year ago, wanting to sandblast them, but the hobby kit I bought ran out of canned air after1½ bead (the blue one), so I knew that was not the way to go. But this year at the Danish Lampworkers meet-up I treated myself to a new tool. I bought a tumbler!


I had to try it out right away, so in went the water, the fine powder siliciumcarbide, the little scratchy ceramic bits and finally the beads ...

Before tumbling, 2 blue ones sandblasted
and less than 10 hours later I had a great first result. I am very happy with the lines of clear surface in the swirls and in other parts that I had shaped.

'Seaglass' pendants

I think it could be a very interesting technique to try out. Making yummy smooth frosted beads with deliberate patterns in clear impressions. Doesn't it sound intriguing?

If you know someone who does that, please let me know. I'd love to see examples.

1 comment:

Primary Projects said...

Welkom bij Primair Projects Ben jij opzoek naar een nieuwe opdracht? Wij hebben diverse opdrachtgevers en projecten!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...